Arrow’s He Came From The Swamp: The William Grefé Collection offers up seven films produced and/or directed (and often written) by William Grefé, all newly restored from the best film elements around:
Sting Of Death (1966)
Starring Joe Morrison, Valerie Hawkins, John Vella, Jack Nagle
Death Curse Of Tartu (1966)
Starring Fred Pinero, Babette Sherrill
The Hooked Generation (1968)
Starring Jeremy Slate, Steve Alaimo
The Psychedelic Priest (1971)
Starring John Darrell, James Coleman, Joe Crane
The Naked Zoo (1971)
Starring Rita Hayworth, Steve Oliver, Fay Spain
The Jaws Of Death (no Mako) played the Forest Drive-In here in Raleigh, NC.
Mako: The Jaws Of Death (1976)
Starring Richard Jaeckel, Jennifer Bishop, Harold Sakata
Whiskey Mountain (1977)
Starring Christopher George, Preston Pierce, Roberta Collins
Mr. Grefé participated in this from one end to the other. Each picture is packed with extras, from commentaries and trailers to director’s cuts and behind-the-scenes footage to photo galleries and a collector’s booklet. Also included is the documentary They Came From The Swamp: The Films Of William Grefé.
Should be a real hoot, and an exhaustive one at that. Coming in November. Recommended.
Directed by Eugenio Martin
Starring Telly Savalas, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing
There’s something special about a movie with both Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee in it. Even the crummy ones. Horror Express (1972), which is coming to Blu-Ray from Arrow in February, is far from crummy.
Arrow’s promising a train load of extras, but the real sweet spot will be a new restoration. Horror Express deserves it. Keep an eye out for it. (Sorry.)
Directed by Jack Arnold
Screenplay by Richard Matheson
Starring Grant Williams, Randy Stuart, April Kent, Paul Langton, Raymond Bailey
Arrow Video’s bringing Jack Arnold’s The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957) to Blu-Ray in November. It’s one of the best sci-fi movies of the 50s, easy, and Arrow is promising lota of extras. This should be a really nice package.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
• Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Auteur on the Campus: Jack Arnold at Universal – an extended documentary about the early career of director Jack Arnold at Universal-International studios
• There Is No Zero: Writing The Shrinking Man – an in-depth conversation with author Richard Christian Matheson about his father and the creation of the original Incredible Shrinking Man novel
• Super 8 cut-down version
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original, newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
• First pressing: Fully-illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kim Newman